How to make apple juice for healthy body?
We all know that apple is one of the most popular fruit in the world. It’s delicious, healthy and rather cheap to everyone to make them buy it, try it and love it. This wonderful fruit is also praised as a “miracle food” which may help reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. People said that “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, well, despite that, almost all of us can’t eat an apple per day, however, thanks to the advent of apple juice, we have a different way to forget about the Men-in-white-blouse. Okay, so it’s time to learn how to make apple juice.
Why should we drink the apple juice?
Firstly, let’s take a look at the benefits of this juice. Medical research indicates that Apple juice benefits are unlimited, in this article, we’ll highlight some of the best of them.
- Apple juice has many advantages for beauty, especially skin and hair. It can be used as home remedy to treat inflammation, itching, cracked skin, acne, wrinkles and moreover.
- Apple juice contains enough amount of vitamin A to help prevent eye disorders and reduce the developing of cancer, especially lung cancer. Besides that, Flavonoids and phenolic acids in apple are proved to be the best defender against tumors and cancerous cells
- With lots of healthy nutrients including vitamin C, iron, boron etc, Apple keep the bone structure healthy and strong. In addition, vitamin C is best to boost the immune system, protecting the body from germs and bacteria.
- Drinking Apple juice everyday not only put your heart out of reach of many diseases but also decrease the risk of stroke. Apple juice is a great source of antioxidants which are good in promoting heart health. It provides your body Potassium, an important mineral for the heart.
- Girls love the apple juice as it can help lose weight. Apple juice has low calorific value. The low amount of sodium stimulate your body to release excess water from the body. In addition, Apple juice also control the cholesterol level.
- There’re still a lot of benefits such as diabetes prevention, liver cleansing, asthma prevention or a solution for constipation,…
How to make tasty apple juice?
After learning the benefit of apple juice, I strongly believe that you all know why drinking a cup of apple juice a day is a must. Now, the question is “How can we have it?”. In our opinion, there are two way to have a cup of apple juice. The first one is:
- Go to the supermarket
- Buy some bottle of apple juice.
However, bottled apple juice may contain sugar, carbonated water and preservatives, which may cause long-term harmful effects. Of course, we don’t like the long-term harmful effects so the solution is: Homemade apple juice. Instead of spending a lot of money in the market, here we’ll show how to make apple juice easily at home.
The main ingredient, of course, is apple. Depending on the amount of apple juice, you should buy a suitable number of apple. Generally, two apple and a half are enough per person. Cinnamon powder and sugar are optional ingredients to add.
Step by step:
- Rinse the apples thoroughly 2 times under water. After that, peel the apples or not, then slice them to take off all the seeds.
- Now, take the apples to a pot and add water in it, make sure that the water level is just enough to cover the apples. Too much water make the juice pretty diluted and less water will make the flavor stronger. It depends on your taste.
- Slowly boil the pot of apples in about 20-25 minutes or until the apples are quite soft. Now you will need a bowl with a strainer on it. On the strainer, place a coffee filter or piece of cheesecloth.
- Gently ladle the hot mixture of apple/juice into the strainer and mash them at the same time. The juice will be filtered into bowl while the apple mush will be left behind. Hold the mush in a second bowl for later. Do it repeatedly until all the juice is in the first bowl.
- Go do something until the juice has cooled down, now, you can taste it. Add some Cinnamon Powder or Sugar to make the juice perfect to your taste. If the flavor is too strong, add some water or ice – which I prefer – to dilute it.
- Remember the apple mush you collected? You can easily turn it into applesauce by adding some sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Don’t forget your homemade apple juice doesn’t have any preservatives so keep it in the fridge and be sure to use it in about a week
So now, the reward for you is your own fresh and healthy homemade apple juice. Hope you enjoy it!