Homemade orange juice for American breakfast style
Orange juice is a common drink at the American breakfast because of its high amount of vitamin C. Other antioxidants in orange juice can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and some cancers. But before looking at the benefits, needing to know that the juice from fresh orange is always better than canned orange juice. So, if you want true orange juice, it’s necessary to know how to make homemade orange juice.
Preparation for making orange juice
Before the juice is removed, put it in room temperature or warmer. That tip not only helps you squeeze the fruit easier but also have more juice. If the temperature is not ideal, warm them by placing it in the microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Don’t forget to use a fork to poke the orange skin.
Besides, you can also warm the oranges by placing them in a bowl and pouring boiling water over them. Keep it in the hot water for 30 seconds.
After the warming stage, allow the oranges to cool until they are easily handled. Then using palm of your hand to roll them on a solid surface. Keep going until you feel the flesh softening.
These steps will help the orange less bitter and produce more water than usual. It’s also easier to squeeze a pre-softened oranges.
Now, let’s make homemade orange juice
The way as old as the hills is squeeze oranges with nothing. After warming and rolling them, cut them it half crosswise. Next, put one half of the orange on the juicer, apply the pressure and twist it. The juice can also be removed by hand-squeezing the orange.
After squeezing, scrape the remaining water on the orange pieces. If you only like to drink water without shrimp, filter the shrimp. Then, pour orange juice into the glass, add some sugar and grind ice if you like sweet and cool,
For more tasty, the homemade orange juice can be made in many different ways. We will show you one of them, the mix of orange and honey. The recipe is so easy that can be made at home.
First, let’s start with a super easy one with only 2 ingredients: Orange and sugar/honey. Follow this step by step:
- Wash the oranges thoroughly. Wipe them with cloth.
- After peeling the oranges, slice them into 2 or 4 parts.
- Place all of them into a grinder or a juicer. Add sugar or honey depend on your taste. Some more ice cubes sounds great too.
- Grind them until they become juicy. Sieve the mixture over a strainer, collect the juice in a bowl below.
- Pour the collected orange juice into glasses. You can garnish it with mint leaves
Reward for your hard work is a glass full of delicious icy fresh orange fruit. On a hot sunny day, homemade orange juice is completely perfect!
Now, move to a higher stage with Orange Amla Basil Juice recipe, a sugar-free juice providing loads of immunity and vitamin C for body. The recipe is for 2 servings
- 2 to 3 oranges
- 2 to 3 amlas (the Indian gooseberry)
- Organic jaggery powder
- 7 to 8 basil leaves
- Wash the oranges under water, then peel them, remove seed and slice them into chunks
- Do the same with the amlas (washing, de-seeding and slicing)
- Combine all the ingredients: oranges, amlas, ½ cup of jaggery powder and basil leaves into the grinder or juicer.
- Add some water and ice cubes depend on your taste
- Grind them until all blend well. The next step is sieving the juice and discard the pulp
- Done. Now you can serve the juice in tall glasses with few basil leaves and some more ice cubes. You can use parsley or celery instead of basil leaves and sugar or honey instead of jaggery powder. It is ready to drink in the breakfast as American style.
Note: It’ prefer to drink orange juice when not hungry, about 1-2 hours after meal is the best. Do not drink orange juice with milk, seafood and especially when using drugs as it reduces the effective of treatment. People with peptic ulcers also should not drink orange juice.
A glass of delicious orange juice can dispel any fatigue, even helps the patient recover quickly. The health benefits of orange juice are innumerable. So, every time you need a refreshing drink, enjoy a great tasting of homemade orange juice. If you don’t have too much time to squeeze orange everyday, store concentrated form of orange juice in the refrigerator for an extended period. Then, serve it by diluting with specific amounts of water and sugar to.