Carrot Smoothie Recipe For Your Diet
Carrots are known to be one of the healthiest vegetables with lots of benefits and if you are tiered of that plain, boring carrot juice, try step up your game by putting carrots into a smoothie. This Carrot Smoothie Recipes will definitely brings your health game to another level.
Carrots are filled with healthy nutrients, including:
- A great amount of Vitamin A which improves eye health, white blood cell health and promote the immune system.
- Vitamin B3 which increases blood flow and helps your body process energy sources such as protein, carbohydrates to product energy
- Vitamin B6 which is important for the heart, muscular function, energy and digestive tract
- Vitamin C which helps with the transportation of oxygen in the body so as to promote the growth of cells and their function
- Potassium which is good for your muscles and heart
- Vitamin K which helps the body produce prothrombin, protein and clotting factor that is important in blood clotting and bone metabolism.
- Magnesium which plays an important role in the process of metabolizing food, synthesizing fatty acid and protein and transmitting nerve impulses
Though being nutritious and all, carrots contains a very little amount of carbohydrates and fat, which makes them great for weight loss.
Not just that, carrots can also increase protection of your skin from harmful rays such as UV light and prevent sunburn.
CARROT SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Here are some recipes you can try to make your own carrot smoothies at home.
Carrot Coconut Lime Smoothie
This is something you must try on a hot summer day, besides, what’s better than a combination of coconut and lime?
What you’ll need for 2 servings
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1½ ounce kale
- ½ lime
- 1 ½ cup water
- Ice (optional)
Juice the lime and chop the carrots and apple into 1 inch cubes
Put the carrots and apple into the blender and blend
Add the remaining ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into a cup and serve with ice if preferred.
Tomato and Carrot Smoothie
You may think that tomatoes don’t go well in smoothie, but this recipe will totally change your mind. Tomatoes also have lots of benefit when it comes to the health department.
Ingredients for 1 serve:
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 3 medium sized tomatoes
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ stalk celery
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Chop the tomatoes into quarters and the carrots into 1 inch cubes and freeze them for 30 minutes.
Chop the celery into ½ inch pieces.
Put the frozen carrots into the blender and blend and then put the frozen tomatoes in and blend again.
Add salt, pepper and celery into the blender and blend.
Add ice and lemon juice and blend
Poor into a cup and enjoy.
Carrots Ginger Tumeric Smoothie
This is a sweet smoothie with a kick of ginger which is perfect to start the day. This beverage has a lot more benefits as ginger is also good for relieving nausea, loss of apetite, motion sickness and pain.
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 cups carrot
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 large ripped banana ( peeled, chopped into cubes and frozen)
- 1 cup pineapple (frozen or fresh)
- ½ tablespoon fresh ginger ( peeled)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup almond milk
- Ice (optional)
To make carrot juice, add carrots and water into the blender and blend until smooth, add more water if necessary. Then take a peace of clean cloth and squeeze out the juice until there is none left.
Add ½ cup of carrot juice with the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend well until smooth.
Pour into a cup and add ice if preferred.
Carrot with Pineapple and Apple Smoothie
Combining carrot with pineapple and apple gives you the ultimate detox smoothie. This beverage will help with digestion and it is also delicious
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1 cup carrots
- An apple
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ cup pineapple
- Half an inch of peeled ginger
- 1 cup water
Chop the apple and carrots into 1 inch cubes
Put all of the ingredients one by one into the blender and blend until smooth, add water if it’s too hard to blend
Pour into a cup to serve, add ice if preferred.